CookStop Automatic Stove Shut Off
Cook Stop for Stove Safety - Description
Kitchen safety is a number one priority in most homes. It is far too easy to simply walk away from a hot stove where you were cooking and forget all about it. Allowing a pot to "boil dry" has happened to almost everyone at least once, or burning dinner when life's other distractions get in the way. These sort of accidents can lead to "Careless Cooking" fires which are the most common type of household fire. Just the smoke damage from one of the fires can cause thousands of dollars in damage, and that is if you get it under control right away!
The Cook Stop is the solution to stopping these type of fires and accidents. Perfect for anyone with Alzheimer's or even a cook who is just easily distracted. The Cook Stop works by monitoring motion in the kitchen, by default it will automatically shut the stove off 1 minute after the last time motion was detected. The delay time is completely adjustable to allow each user to personalize their system for their needs and cooking style. If the Cook Stop does not detect motion for the preset time period (meaning the kitchen is empty) it will shut the stove off but continue monitoring for motion and turn the stove back on when someone returns to the kitchen.
Can I install the Cook Stop?
Anyone can install the Cook Stop for a typical electric range style stove.
Do you need a Cook Stop?
- Anyone can be distracted while cooking.
- "Aging at Home" Seniors living independently.
- People with home offices who get called away from the kitchen while cooking.
- Parents with young children.
- Families with teenagers cooking after school unsupervised.
- Commuters who are rushed before going to work.
- Everyday busy people with good memories & hectic schedules.
- How does CookStop work?
CookStop uses a motion-sensor to monitor movement in the cooking area. The absence of motion (i.e.: the person cooking leaves the kitchen) starts a countdown called AUTO time. AUTO time shuts off power to the range if no one returns. It is set at the factory for 5 minutes but can be programmed, like many other settings, by using the Security Key.
- I don’t want to be limited to the factory default of only having 5 minutes away from the range while cooking.
CookStop’s AUTO time can be increased or decreased. However, it is strongly recommended not to set AUTO time for longer than 8 or 10 minutes for safety purposes. In fact, many caregivers choose to reduce the time away from the stove to between 1 and 3 minutes.
- Is CookStop easy to install?
Yes, the two most common kits are plug installations. Out of the box, CookStop has the main settings programmed and no additional configuration is needed.
Cook Stop for Stove Safety - Specifications
- Dimensions: L 12in x W 6in x H 6in
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Plug In Power Unit Dimensions: L 4.5in x W 5.5in x H 2.5in
- Power Source: 220V outlet
- Stove Power Plug Prongs: 3 or 4 (choose on checkout)
- Stove Compatibility: Electric with 3 or 4 prong power plug
- Auto Shut-Off: 5 minutes if no motion is detected (adjustable)
- Timer Duration: Adjustable from 1 to 60 minutes
- Adjustable Shut-Off Settings: Yes
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
Cook Stop for Stove Safety - Included
- 1 x Control Unit
- 1 x 3 or 4 prong power unit
- 1 x Connecting cable, 10ft
- 1 x Control unit mounting bracket
- 2 x Control unit screw
- 4 x Bracket screw
- 1 x Manual
Cook Stop for Stove Safety - Support and Downloads
The CookStop will help to prevent these accidents in your or a loved ones home. The included motion sensor detects motion in the kitchen area than starts a countdown timer automatically. You select the amount of time which must pass before the kitchen is deemed to be "empty", when the timer hits this time the stove is automatically shut off.
CookStop SensorThe CookStop will help to prevent these accidents in your or a...
Got this for my Gran
Posted by Micheal Evans on 2nd Oct 2012
This is a great product, my gran had a small fire on the stove last month and now I don't feel so anxious about her when I'm not there. We had to have a professional installer come by since it was a gas stove - but all in all it's a great product!