CARSPOT - WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm
WiFi Driveway Alarm Sends Text Messages When Activated
The CARSPOT features a driveway alarm system of your choosing and a simple to use WiFi interface. The SWITCHSPOT is a WiFi Dry Contact Sensor that connects easily to the driveway alarm system. The SWITCHSPOT communicates its status back to the SpotProtect Cloud where users can log in and view the history of the sensors as well make changes to the sensors programming. The appropriates person(s) can be notified by text and/or email when the sensor goes into an alarm state. For SpotProtect software comparison click here.
The CARSPOT is perfect for businesses such as greenhouse operations where employees or owners need the flexibility and mobility to be anywhere on the property (or even away from the property!) but still be notified when a customer or delivery arrives.
The CARSPOT is available as either a wireless magnetic system or a wireless infra-red system. The type of system you want is dependent on a number of variables, if you're looking to detect people as well as vehicles you will need to choose the infra system. If you only need to detect vehicles either the magnetic sensor system will work for you.
Also, please note that that the SWITCHSPOT can be added to ANY* of our driveway alarm systems found here - Driveway Alarm Systems.
WiFi Adapter Features:
- 802.11 b/g (2.412 - 2.484 GHz)
- Up to 250 ft.* (Typical to standard Wi-Fi devices)
- Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2 Security Standards
- Perfect for greenhouses, repair shops, home-based businesses etc..
* Any system which has an NO or NC output can be used. The STI driveway alarms do NOT have that feature.
CARSPOT - WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm - Specifications
SwitchSpot WiFi Interface Specifications
- Operating Frequency: 802.11 b/g (2.412 - 2.484 GHz)
- Power Supply:2 x AA Batteries (Included)
- Max Operating Temperature Using Alkaline Batteries: -18°C to +55°C (0°F to +130°F)
- Max Operating Temperature Using Lithium Batteries: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
- Device Range: Up to 250 ft.* (Typical to standard Wi-Fi devices)
- Battery Life: Up to 5 years depending on sensor type, Wi-Fi security, distance from Wi-Fi router, reporting frequency and other variables. (Testing surpassed 90,000 transmissions until battery depletion.)
- Wi-Fi Security Standards: Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Wi-Fi Security Programming: Via PC software using USB SpotCable and SpotProtect online software.
- Network Settings: Auto DHCP/DNS or Static
- Data Logging: On Wi-Fi disruption, unit will log the most recent 50 readings and transmit when Wi-Fi connection is re-established.
- Power Consumption: 4uA sleep, 35mA active RX, 180mA TX (at +12dBm)
- Wi-Fi Data Rate: Auto configures to the best rate for maximum range.
- LED Lights: >Status / Activity
- External Wire Length: 3 Feet (36 Inches)
- Data Logging (With Premiere Subscription to SpotProtect Cloud): On Wi-Fi disruption, unit can log up to 50,000 readings and transmit when Wi-Fi connection is re-established.
CARSPOT - WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm - Included
- 1 - SWITCHSPOT WiFi Dry Contact Sensor
- 2 - AA Batteries
- 1 - SpotCable USB Cable for SWITCHSPOT
- 1 - Complete Driveway Alarm System
CARSPOT - WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm - Support and Downloads
ReviewsEmery JInstallation instructions for the two separate subsystems, from two different manufacturers, are not sufficiently integrated and explained to make the overall procedure clear. Also, the procedures are very different from what you typically experience when installing a computer or printer on wifi, with the result that they require a bit more time and focus. When finally installed, however, the system works well.
Finicky SetupThis product finally works well for me, and is stable in operation, but it was a very finicky setup. SpotProtect tech support was helpful, but eventually suggested I find someone who knows what they're doing (not his words). A very deliberate trip through unfamiliar (though I've previously set up at least ten wifi devices), setup processes finally succeeded, and the equipment has worked perfectly since then. A lot of the complication was due to combining products from two manufacturers with little explanation of how they work together. If I were not an engineer with a lifetime of DIY, I suspect that I would not have persevered to success.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: CARSPOTKIT