CARSPOT WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm
WiFi Driveway Alarm Sends Text or Email Messages When Activated
CARSPOT is a unique driveway alarm system with a wireless receiver that provides local on-site notifications of visitors, customers, or intruders, and a WiFi interface that will send email or text notifications when triggered by the driveway alert.
CARSPOT is perfect for property owners and businesses such as greenhouse operations, farms, gas stations or large facilities where employees or owners need to know when a visitor, customer, or delivery vehicle has arrived. It can also be used to provide notification of unauthorized intruders.
CARSPOT is available in two versions:
- Optex motion sensor version - will detect any motion from people or vehicles
- Dakota driveway probe version - will detect moving metal such as a vehicle; it will ignore people and animals.
Choose the PIR motion sensor version if you wish to detect any sort of motion including vehicles or people. The PIR motion sensor in this version is placed at the edge of the driveway or walkway or area to be protected and will send a wireless signal to the receiver when triggered. The receiver will light up the built-in LED indicator and make an alert sound. Additional TD20U motion sensor(s) may be added to cover more area(s).
Choose the magnetic driveway probe version if you wish to detect only vehicles. The driveway probe will be buried alongside or underneath the driveway area and will detect moving metal from vehicles. The probe has a 50 foot wire that will connect to the wireless transmitter. It will send a wireless signal to the wireless receiver that will light up an LED indicator and make an alert sound. Additional DCPT2500 probes or DCMT2500 motion sensors may be added to protect different areas.
The included SWITCHSPOT WiFi adapter connects to the driveway alarm system wireless receiver. When the driveway alarm is triggered, the SWITCHSPOT communicates using the free SpotProtect Cloud service to send an email or text alert message.
Users can also log in and view activation history as well as to make changes the message/recepients. The Spotprotect cloud service is free with an optional upgraded version available. For SpotProtect cloud service comparison click here.
CARSPOT - WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm - Specifications
- For the Infra-Red Motion Sensing Driveway Alarm Click HERE
- For the Magnetic Probe Driveway Alarm Click HERE
CARSPOT WiFi Interface Specifications
- Works with WiFi 802.11 b/g 2.4 GHz
- Power Supply: 2 x AA Batteries
- Max Operating Temperature Using Alkaline Batteries: -18°C to +55°C (0°F to +130°F)
- Max Operating Temperature Using Lithium Batteries: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
- Requires active Internet and WiFi service where installed
- Battery Life: Up to 3 years
- Wi-Fi Security Standards: Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Wi-Fi Security Programming: Via free Windows PC software using included USB SpotCable
- Network Settings: Auto DHCP/DNS or Static
- Data Logging: On Wi-Fi disruption, unit will log the most recent 50 readings and transmit when Wi-Fi connection is re-established.
- Power Consumption: 4uA sleep, 35mA active RX, 180mA TX (at +12dBm)
- Wi-Fi Data Rate: Auto configures to the best rate for maximum range.
- LED Lights: >Status / Activity
- External Wire Length: 3 Feet (36 Inches)
CARSPOT - WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm - Included
- 1 - SWITCHSPOT WiFi Dry Contact Sensor
- 2 - AA Batteries
- 1 - SpotCable USB Cable for SWITCHSPOT
- 1 - Complete Driveway Alarm System
CARSPOT - WiFi Text Messaging Driveway Alarm - Support and Downloads
ReviewsEmery JInstallation instructions for the two separate subsystems, from two different manufacturers, are not sufficiently integrated and explained to make the overall procedure clear. Also, the procedures are very different from what you typically experience when installing a computer or printer on wifi, with the result that they require a bit more time and focus. When finally installed, however, the system works well.
Finicky SetupThis product finally works well for me, and is stable in operation, but it was a very finicky setup. SpotProtect tech support was helpful, but eventually suggested I find someone who knows what they're doing (not his words). A very deliberate trip through unfamiliar (though I've previously set up at least ten wifi devices), setup processes finally succeeded, and the equipment has worked perfectly since then. A lot of the complication was due to combining products from two manufacturers with little explanation of how they work together. If I were not an engineer with a lifetime of DIY, I suspect that I would not have persevered to success.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: CARSPOTKIT