CookStop 4 Prong Automatic Electric Stove Shut Off
It's far too easy to get distracted and forget about a hot oven or burner(s and forget all about it. The National Fire Protection Association reports that around 33 percent of home fire injuries are the result of leaving cooking equipment unattended!
Most of us have forgotten and left a pot to boil dry or a pan to overheat. We've all managed to burn dinner when life's other distractions get in the way. These "Careless Cooking" or "Unattended Cooking" incidents that can quickly lead to kitchen fires are far too common and can be prevented.
The CookStop safety device automatically shuts off the stove if there is no motion in the kitchen for too long.
CooksStop can also be set to lock out stove use during periods of time.
Who can benefit from Cook Stop?
- Homes with elderly or aging adults
- Alzheimer's sufferers
- Easily distracted adults
- Teenagers cooking unsupervised
- Senior living facilities
- Campus housing
- Multi family dwellings
- Busy families
Cook Stop is available for plug-in stoves as well as wire in stoves. It includes a control panel with built in motion sensor, connecting wire, and an appliance switch. CookStop is constantly monitoring motion in the kitchen. By default it will automatically shut the stove off 5 minutes after the last time motion was detected near the control panel which is installed at the stove.
CookStop features an Administrator Key that can be used to change the delay time so it can be personalized to the environment and user's needs and cooking style. It can also be used to override the auto-timer.
Can I install the CookStop?
Anyone can install the Cook Stop for a typical plug-in electric range style stove.
Who needs CookStop?
- Anyone who can be distracted while cooking.
- "Aging at Home" Seniors living independently.
- Those suffering from Alzheimer's
- People with home offices who get called away from the kitchen while cooking.
- Parents with young children who are often distracted
- Families with teenagers cooking after school unsupervised.
- Commuters who are rushed before going to work.
- Everyday busy people with good memories & hectic schedules.
How does CookStop work?
CookStop uses a motion-sensor to monitor movement in the cooking area. The absence of motion (i.e.: the person cooking leaves the kitchen) starts a countdown called AUTO time. AUTO time shuts off power to the range if no one returns. It is set at the factory for 5 minutes but can be programmed, like many other settings, by using the Security Key up to 30 minutes.
I don’t want to be limited to the factory default of only having 5 minutes away from the range while cooking.
CookStop’s AUTO time can be increased or decreased. However, it is strongly recommended not to set AUTO time for longer than 8 or 10 minutes for safety purposes. In fact, many caregivers choose to reduce the time away from the stove to between 1 and 3 minutes.
Is CookStop easy to install?
Yes, the two most common kits are plug installations. Out of the box, CookStop has the main settings programmed and no additional configuration is needed.
CookStop Auto Shut Off for Stove or Range Specifications
- Sensor Dimensions: W 12' x H 2.25" Depth 1"
- Plug In Power Unit Dimensions: L 4.5in x W 5.5in x H 2.5in
- Power Source: 220V outlet
- Stove Power Plug Prongs: 4
- Stove Compatibility: Electric with 4 prong power plug *North American use only
- Auto Shut-Off: 5 minutes if no motion is detected (adjustable)
- Timer Duration: Adjustable from 1 to 60 minutes
- Adjustable Shut-Off Settings: Yes
- Manufacturer Warranty: 1 year
- 1 x Control Unit
- 1 x 4 Prong power unit
- 1 x Connecting cable, 10ft
- 1 x Control unit mounting bracket
- 2 x Control unit screw
- 4 x Bracket screw
- 1 x Manual
Cook Stop for Stove Safety Support and Downloads
Be the first to
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: CSA4WPIRF