SWITCHSPOT - WiFi Dry Contact Sensor
The SWITCHSPOT is a WiFi Dry Contact Sensor for monitoring existing alarms or sensors with NO or NC relay outputs in any location with existing WiFi Service. The SWITCHSPOT communicates its status back to the SpotProtect Cloud where users can login and view the history of the sensors as well make changes to the sensors programming. The appropriate person(s) can be notified by text and/or email when the sensor goes into an alarm state.
Perfect for applications where a phone line is either unavailable or impractical!
WiFi Dry Contact Sensor for Remote Monitoring
- 802.11 b/g (2.412 - 2.484 GHz)
- Up to 250 ft.* (Typical to standard Wi-Fi devices)
- Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2 Security Standards
- Can be used for NO or NC applications
* Actual range may vary depending on environment.
** Battery life is affected by reporting frequency (heartbeat),
sensor type, Wi-Fi security type, distance from Wi-Fi
router and other variables.
Note: One (1) SPOTCABLE is required to setup the SpotSensors.
SWITCHSPOT - WiFi Dry Contact Sensor - Specifications
- Operating Frequency: 802.11 b/g (2.412 - 2.484 GHz
- Power Supply: 2 x AA Batteries (Included)
- Max Operating Temperature Using Alkaline Batteries: -18°C to +55°C (0°F to +130°F)
- Max Operating Temperature Using Lithium Batteries: -40°C to +85°C (-40°F to +185°F)
- Device Range: Up to 250 ft.* (Typical to standard Wi-Fi devices)
- Typical Battery Life: Up to 5 years depending on sensor type, Wi-Fi security, distance from Wi-Fi router, reporting frequency and other variables. (Testing surpassed 90,000 transmissions until battery depletion.)
- Wi-Fi Security Standards: Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Wi-Fi Security Programming: Via PC software using USB SpotCable and SpotProtect online software.
- Network Settings: Auto DHCP/DNS or Static
- Data Logging: Saved to cloud. On Wi-Fi disruption, unit will log the most recent 50 readings and transmit when Wi-Fi connection is re-established.
- Power Consumption: 4uA sleep, 35mA active RX, 180mA TX (at +12dBm)
- Wi-Fi Data Rate: Auto configures to best rate for maximum range.
- LED Lights: Status / Activity
- External Wire Length: 3 Feet (36 Inches)
- Data Logging (With Premiere Subscription to SpotProtect Cloud): On Wi-Fi disruption, unit can log up to 50,000 readings and transmit when Wi-Fi connection is re-established.
SWITCHSPOT - WiFi Dry Contact Sensor - Included
- 1 - SWITCHSPOT WiFi Dry Contact Sensor
- 2 - AA Batteries
SWITCHSPOT - WiFi Dry Contact Sensor - Support and Downloads
ReviewsBudTThe product was easy to setup and the software was easy to use to and to make changes. Directions could be a bit clearer but I was able to figure out pretty quickly. Does seem to be a bit overpriced, but maybe I don't understand all that goes into making it work.AngsGuy
Does what it says but....This product does what it says. It works every time so I'm giving it 4 stars, but in my opinion, it's way overpriced. The website to download the software and the unit itself just feels "cheap". It wasn't complicated to set up but it wasn't straight forward either. It did however work first time, maybe 20 minutes to set up the account and send a test text. Beware, you get only 1 user free. That means that it will send an e-mail and text to one person only. To add additional contacts, the service is $99.00 / year. However, if you have e-mail forwarding, you can set it up to make another contact on your e-mail account. The only other beef is the proprietary usb cable. $15.00 because they don't want to use a standard USB connection. I did a fair amount of research and this seems to be the most economic way of communication with my alarm. The software allows you to make changes easily. I still feel it is overpriced by about $100.00 Absolute Automation is a great company and I've been buying from them for over 10 years. Their service is top notch and they sell great products. The shipping was free and FAST!!
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: SWITCHSPOT