SpotProtect SWITCHSPOT WiFi Dry Contact Sensor for Remote Monitoring with Email & SMS Text Alerts
SwitchSpot is a WiFi Dry Contact Sensor for monitoring existing alarms, contact closures or other sensors with Normally Open (NO) or Normally Closed (NC) outputs.
When the state changes, an email or text message will be sent using the free cloud service.
SwitchSpot can be used in any indoor location with exiting WiFi and Internet service. The SWITCHSPOT communicates its status back to the SpotProtect Cloud where users can login and view the history of the sensors as well make changes to sensor programming.
The FREE CLOUD service allows a SwitchSpot with (1) email and (1) text, and for 45 days data history.
An optional low cost subscription is available to enable multiple email/text contacts, heartbeat (check-in) every 10 minutes, and unlimited cloud data logging. Subscription link here.
Note: A SPOTCABLE is required to initially program the SWITCHSPOT or any SpotProtect Wifi Sensor. One cable can be used to program multiple sensors. * Inital setup requires a Windows PC/Laptop and is not compatible with macOS.
SwitchSpot accepts ONLY a contact closure input. Do not apply any voltage to the input or it will damage the unit.
- Monitors for normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC) contacts
- Does NOT support voltage input - applying voltage will void the warranty
- Includes SpotProtect Cloud data logging
- 1 EMail and/or 1 SMS contact for alerts on free plan
- Battery powered by 2 AA batteries (not included)
- Battery life 2-4 years depending on battery, frequency of activation
- WiFi 802.11 b/g (24 GHz)
- Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2 Security Standards
- On board memory for up to 50 events in case cloud service is temporarily disconnected
- Supports static and DHCP (default) IP addressing
- 1 x SWITCHSPOT Dry Contact Sensor
- 2 x AA Batteries
* A SPOTCABLE is not included and needs to be purchased separately. One cable can be used for multiple SpotProtect sensors
IMPORTANT: As with any monitoring device you must ensure it is installed correctly and tested regularly to ensure it is in working order and reporting as expected. The WIFI device must be located in a dry room temperature location. Do not install it outdoors or in a humid environment.
For set up instructions visit https://www.spotprotect.com
Payment & Security
We accept several payment types for your convenience using SSL encryption. We do not access or store your credit card information.