SpotProtect WiFi Temperature Sensor & Freeze Alarm for Remote Temperature Monitoring
The Spotprotect sensor is a battery powered WiFi Temperature Sensor for monitoring temperature and reporting problems like high, low and freezing temperatures by email or SMS text message.
TempSpot can be used in any location with exiting WiFi and Internet Service. The TEMPSPOT communicates it's temperature readings back to the SpotProtect Cloud where users can login and view the history of the sensors as well make changes to the sensors programming.
* Note: One SP-SPOTCABLE is required to setup the SpotSensors and is purchased separately.
In case of a high or low temperature, the appropriates person can be notified by text or email. You can set your own high or low temperature thresholds.
There is no cost for the cloud service for a single contact with email or text, and for 45 days data history.
An optional low cost subscription is available to enable contacts, heartbeat (check-in) every 10 minutes, and unlimited cloud storage. Subscription link here.
TempSpot is available in the following versions which can be selected before adding to cart
- SP-TEMPSPOT with internal sensor - for measuring ambient room temperature
- SP-TEMPSPOTLD with external 3' temp probe - for remote temperature, fridges, freezers
- SP-TEMPSPOTLD-25 with external 25' temp probe - for remote temperature, fridges, freezers
- SP-LOSPOT with Ultra Low -162C to -200C readings for medical cold storage
- SP-HIGHSPOT with Ultra High -50 to +370C readings
- One SP-SPOTCABLE (not included) is required for programming the sensor
- Logs temperatures and stores them in the cloud portal
- Sends email or text alerts if temperatures goes above or below the threshold you set
- WiFi 802.11 b/g (2.412 - 2.484 GHz)
- Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2 Security Standards
- Accurate to +/- 1°C (1.8°F).
- Battery powered by 2 x AA batteries (not included)
- Batteries last 2-4 years depending on battery quality, useage, WiFI signal strengh and several other factors
- DHCP or Static IP settings (factory default is DHCP)
- On board memory for up to 50 readings in case of temporary cloud disconnection
IMPORTANT: As with any monitoring device you must ensure it is installed correctly and tested regularly to ensure it is in working order and reporting as expected. The WIFI device must be located in a dry room temperature location. Do not install it outdoors or in a humid environment.
For set up instructions visit https://www.spotprotect.com
SpotProtect Free & Premiere Cloud Subscription Options:
ReviewsBruce B - WisconsinVery easy to install after understanding my PC's security software didn't like the WiFi Installer download....once past that it was VERY easy. The YouTube video is helpful too. Logging temp data well, easy to navigate the Portal and easy to see what is happening.Al
Needs clearer step by step instructions.After endless tries of setting up the freeze alarm on my own, and then a few emails with Nathan we finally got the freeze alarm working. You must have a pc to install the zip files a iPad will not work. Personally I spent hours trying to get it to work, then with the help of a computer wiz still needed Nathans help. Instructions could and should be much clearer. But once set up gives me a great peace of mind knowing the temperature at our cottage. Adjustments and monitoring temperature is very easy!Bob
after you set it upMy situation was different than most. I did not have a computer at the summer home where the freeze sensor was being installed (I don't own a laptop) so I had to program it at my primary residence. Herein lies the difficulty: You have to tell it the wifi network name and password being used to program it. It assumes that's ththe same domain the sensor will be located. When finished a green led indicates success. Now I had to go in and change the WiFi name/passwd to the location the sensor was being installed. After this is done I had no way of knowing if it will work until I physically brought the sensor to the summer home. Well it worked. Could I or 95% of most people have done this without Absolute Automation tech support? No way Jose. I have to compliment tech support for helping me out but they should document this scenario in the install instructions.
read the manual firstI leave for Florida in the winter months and wanted a WI-FI powered freeze alarm because I have no landline.No need to have your neighbor check the house temperature,this gadget will do it for you and more.Make sure to read the instruction manual before installing,it will save you a lot of e-mail's to Customer service!
Great little machineWas skeptical about this when I purchased it, however it does exactly what I need and I can now feel comfortable with monitoring my house while we are away. I did need a little help with some of the set up, but the online chat person (Nathan) was great.Joey A
Tricky at first, but worth it!It was a little tricky to get setup at first and understand all of the features. However once I got it going I can't believe how easy to watch my home s temperature and make changes to the sensor over the internet.
Leave a Review
DetailsCurrent Stock:SKU: TEMPSPOT